Activities Director (Certified)
|September 18, 2013 - October 18, 2013|
|Location:||North Little Rock, AR|
|Salary Range:||Based on Experience|
|Benefits:||Full-time Employee Benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Northridge Healthcare & Rehab|
|Description:||Activities Director (Certified)|
The Northridge Healthcare & Rehab is recruiting a Activities Director. The Activities Director will plan, organize and direct the implementation and evaluation of activity programming for the residents. Assure that personalized, individual activity plans are developed and implemented meeting the interests, physical, mental and psychosocial needs for all residents.
Come be apart of the team and APPLY TODAY!
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
|Duties:||• Plans, executes and evaluates a diversified activity program which meets the varied needs and interests of individual residents.|
• Supervises, trains and evaluates Activities Assistants, volunteers, etc.
• Assures that each resident’s activity program is consistent with Plan of Care established by resident and interdisciplinary team.
• Maintains accurate and timely documentation according to Medicare/Medicaid certification standards.
• Participates in resident care conferences.
• Identifies and uses community resources consistent with interests and needs of residents.
• Coordinates staff relating to the activity program giving appropriate directions and feedback.
• Recruits community volunteers for resident involvement activities; coordinate scheduling and supervise their activities.
• Makes daily rounds regarding opinions/feelings/comfort with service and care provided by Activity Department.
• Plans and/or attends department specific and facility-wide in-service education.
• Maintains professional development relationship with local area professional groups in similar field.
• Accomplishes all tasks and responsibilities of Activity Services in compliance with state licensure department, federal Medicaid and Medicare certification and other state and federal licensure and certification body rules and regulations. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of the same.
• Respects and maintains residents’ dignity, individuality, privacy and confidentiality, knowledgeable of Residents’ Rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Two (2) years experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years in a health care setting.|
• Completion and certificate of a State approved Activity Therapy Training Program
• Must be willing to participate in continuing education and have an understanding of health related problems and the normal aging process.
• Must work well with all residents in the facility and their families.
• Certificate or diploma as Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.