Assistant Director of Nursing
|August 26, 2013 - October 26, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Based on Experience|
|Benefits:||Full-Time Employee Benefits (Full-Time)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||LaGrange Nursing & Rehab|
|Description:||The Assistant Director of Nursing will assist the Director of Nursing in planning, coordination, supervising nursing and other resident care services. Assures that active medical records are maintained in accordance with facility policies and procedures and in compliance with Federal and State regulations. Responsible for coordinating the performance improvement (quality assurance) activities. Assumes Director of Nursing responsibilities in his/her absence. |
|Duties:||• Serve as day supervisor to direct duties and responsibilities of nursing services in the absence of the supervisor. |
• Assist in planning and directing nursing care services, in accordance with physician’s orders, to meet the needs of the residents on a daily basis.
• Report to and consult with Director of Nursing daily and as needed in regard to residents, staff and facility problems.
• Complete daily rounds with appropriate reports to Director of Nursing.
• Participate in facility committees and meetings as directed by the Director of Nursing.
• Act with full authority on behalf of the Director of Nursing in the Director’s absence.
• Interview and hire candidates for employment in nursing positions. Evaluate performance and counsel nursing employees as needed regarding resident and staff related problem areas.
• Serve as an “on call” resource person alternately with the Director of Nursing.
• Attends continuing education conferences, workshops and classes in order to maintain knowledge, skills and licensure.
• Plan, organize, direct and implement the performance improvement program; coordinates monthly meetings regarding QA/QI.
• Assist in performance of all duties and responsibilities contained within the Director of Nursing’s job description as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
• Assist with planning and coordinating in-services for nursing staff.
• Report and maintain resident’s dignity, individuality, privacy and confidentiality. Knowledgeable of Residents’ Bill of Rights.
• Promote positive public relations for the facility.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience.|
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Two (2) or more years long-term care experience.
• Knowledge of applicable State & Federal regulations.
• Knowledge of Medicare regulations and reimbursement.
• Experience in the fields of aging and acute care.
• Formal and/or informal education in management and leadership.
• Current State RN/LPN license.
• CEU’s as required by the State.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.